Contact Me:

Follow me at www.twitter.com/crantina
Email TinaFab at: tina_garstad@hotmail.com

Friday 3 January 2014

Big News of the 42.2 Kind!

The last few years have been a heck of a journey with the Calgary Marathon.
I have gone from finishing a 5km race to powering through to tackle a 10km. Then a couple years ago I had a crazy idea to run a marathon. I will never EVER forget the feeling of crossing that finish line. Uh-MAY-zing. Last year's half marathon was pretty fantastic, too! It wasn't a personal best, but it was my best finish of the year. As soon as I finished last year's race I began thinking about 2014. After all it would be the 50th anniversary of the Calgary Marathon. A 50th birthday? This is gonna be BIG! Can you imagine the bling?

By the end of the half marathon I pretty much decided that I should  run the marathon. What a better way to celebrate a Golden Anniversary of a marathon than to run through your FAB city? Hmmm. And, then I attended the launch of the 50th Anniversary party in September ...

and I saw THIS poster: 
Yup. Decision. Made. 
You betcha. I'm in. Marathon. 42.2km. June 1, 2014.

Aaand, I am pretty chuffed to say that 
I am an Ambassador for the Calgary Marathon! 

I have been named a Calgary Marathon ForeRUNNER! (Check out my bio here)!

To be truthful, these folks are fast, and accomplished. I am neither. But, am feeling that we all share some of the same determination. And, I am definitely excited to meet them at the coming events. The first being the route unveiling on January 15th! Getting to know more about them, following their training and blogs will definitely be motivating and a good way to keep me on track. And for me, writing about my training will also keep me accountable. (Now I just have to finish up my training plan!)

This is going to be an amazing race! The EVENT of the SEASON! It is Canada's oldest marathon, after all...and we Albertans do know how to party. I am pretty thrilled to be a part of all the awesome celebrations in the next 6 months. oh yeh...and the marathon, too! 

Now...a costume. Gotta represent a decade! Any ideas? One that includes one of my fabby sparkle athletic skirts, natch! Lemme know what you are thinking!! 

Wanna read more about the 2014 Scotiabank Calgary Marathon ForeRUNNERS
Check out their blogs! 
and ME! :-)

On Twitter, check out Calgary Marathon and follow along the party 
with ME!
 #runYYC #SCM #SCMForeRUNNERS

C'mon! What are YOU doing June 1?
Check it out...5km, 10km, 21.1km, 42.2km and 50km!
You know you want to REGISTER!

Have YOU been a race ambassador? 
What's your experience been like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment