Contact Me:

Follow me at www.twitter.com/crantina
Email TinaFab at: tina_garstad@hotmail.com

Wednesday 15 January 2014

#OneChange: Vega One Nutritional Shake

What's your Profile?
I have a confession. I skip breakfast. Sometimes. Too Often. I know better.

I'm not one for eating when I get up. I don't like to eat much before I run. And, if I am being honest...I HATE getting up hours before I run in order to eat. I would rather sleep. soooooo Then I eat a bigger lunch. OR sometimes I am starving on a long run. So. That means that I really do need to be more mindful of my diet. Especially with marathon training looming.

My #OneChange for 2014 is to eat better breakfasts. Be mindful of how I fuel my body which in turn help be be stronger and healthier. Vega challenged the #SweatPink Community to take part in the #OneChange initiative! Thanks to Vega, I was sent a package of Vega One Nutritional Shake to try. Just after New Years I got the package! 10 packs of the shake to try....


So what is Vega One Shake? It's a dietary supplement that includes 50% daily intake of vitamins and minerals, 15 g protein, 6 g fiber, 1.5 g Omega-3, antioxidants, probiotics and greens. According to the website:
The plant-based ingredients that make up the Green and Protein Blend in a serving of Vega One provide the equivalent of 3 servings of vegetables. Depending on the flavour, a serving contains between 123 - 141 calories. When mixed with fruit, juice, rice/hemp milk, or blended with your favourite smoothie or healthy shake, Vega One can provide an effective nutrient boost to start your day.
Vega One Nutritional Shake is #OneChange you can make to help you stride through your busiest schedule, knowing you’ve got your nutritional bases covered—quickly and deliciously. You can simply mix it in a smoothie or shake and go! 
Hmmm. ok. I shall give it a go. It will be#onechange to help me get back into better breakfasty habits!

The first time I tried I just used water with the shake mix. I figured it needed to be tried plain. It was greener than I thought it would be. But the taste wasn't bad. A bit 'chalky'. But I find that with most drinks.

I decided that I needed to try a little juice with the shake.  Next morning I mixed 50% water with my Naked Greens Juice. It was good. Very Green. But, I like that flavour. I made that two more mornings. What I really liked was that after I drank the shake, I stayed "full" and didn't feel like snacking ...victory!
I will admit that I have been super busy and not enough time to go get groceries in between juggling a couple jobs. I tried the shake with almond milk, quite tasty. I also found some mango and berries in my freezer. Check! I should have gone shopping! 

I also have a handy hand shaker so i could take a package with me to work (especially on a couple 5am work mornings) where I could have a shake an hour after I started work. When I did that I shook it up with milk, or juice/water combo. 

Then last weekend when I had a longer run coming up. SO I decided to make sure I had the right ingredients to make my FAV after run concoction. Only I added the shake. Easy. I just tossed in a banana, milk and a tablespoon of PB! 

It was delish! 
I have to say that really enjoyed the taste of the Vega One Shake. I liked how if I had it before a run, it didn't upset my sensitive tummy. I didn't feel hungry and had good energy. This was ONE change that was easy. I will not have it every day for breakfast, but I have been having it a few days. Especially on those hurry days. And, it is especially useful for me on longer run days. That way I have a shake, go run 10 or more kilometres and feel good. And not all snacky after. Or if Iafter a run, this is a perfect treat!  Thanks Vega


What changes have you made to help you stick to your health and wellness goals this year?



I received one box of Vega One Nutritional Shake to sample in exchange for a review/promotional post. 
The opinion presented here are solely my own. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice Information! I personally really appreciate your article. This is a great website. I will make sure that I stop back again!.
    vega one all in one nutritional shake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this information. I found it very informative as I have been researching a lot lately on practical matters such as you talk about..svega smoothie

    ReplyDelete