Contact Me:

Follow me at www.twitter.com/crantina
Email TinaFab at: tina_garstad@hotmail.com

Saturday 23 March 2013

Run for L'Arche

This morning I ran my second 5 miler race. It was a gorgeous day...Mr Blue Sky was out even at 7 am....but it was a crisp -11C (that's a whopping 12F). By the end of the race it was -6C (21F). 

The Run for L’Arche was either 5 miles or half mara. Given I ran a half last weeknd, it was a good idea to do a nice SHORT race. So glad I did! 

While it wasn't a PB, it really was a great run. I mostly kept my pace. Seemed to feel good the whole way. I am solowly getting over the mental part of running. That hump where "fatty voice" chirps up and says 'you can't' is slowly getting replaced with the mantra of 'Keep going! You are doing awesome!'

Of course a big part of the awesomeness of today were the AMAZING volunteers. Practically at every kilometre there were at least two people (sometimes half a dozen) cheering on runners. Clapping. Cheering. Hi-Fiving. IT was great to see and be a part of. THANK YOU!!! 

So 5 miles in just over 54 minutes. Not bad. Not my best time -- I have beat that by over 3 minutes last November. But it is early days in the year. My better times and races are coming I can feel it. But best of all is how i felt while running. Yay! I love a good run. 



All race proceeds go to support the L'Arche Calgary community. L'Arche is an international organization of communities that create homes and programs for people with developmental disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment