Contact Me:

Follow me at www.twitter.com/crantina
Email TinaFab at: tina_garstad@hotmail.com

Sunday 3 March 2013

WhiteOut Run

 rarely pike out on a run, but this morning did I ever want to stay in bed.

Last night we got a severe weather warning...a blizzard is coming. Oh F. really? I have sunday off. I rarely get sunday's off. I HAVE to run 10 miles. FRIG. Well maybe MAYBE the storm will go to another part of the province. Right? And so I go to bed.

And wake up to a foot of snow. And a white out blizzard. AWESOME. Nope not going. That lasted for 2 minutes. And then I think about how shitty running a half will feel if I don't put in the miles! Up I got, and got dressed. And got outside. 

To THIS


And almost no one who was supposed to do the half marathon distance run of 10 miles show up. Four of us head out. Thank GOD we are all slower and similar pace. yay!! The snow is deep and paths slippery. It is nasty out!!

IT is so HARD to run today...can't get traction! Boy, my legs are feeling the BURN! At the 5km point my legs feel like it's been over 10km. SHeesh. I have a elevated heart rate, serious sweat going on, and can't see a fricking thing. Glasses keep icing up! ha!!!

It was one of THOSE runs where all you keep saying "10 more minutes" over and over and over and OVER! As we hit a halfway turnaround point...I figure it's a perfect time to:

  1. a) take a photo, and 
  2. b) take a bathroom break (something i normally NEVER have to do on a 10-12 km run!) 



At the turnaround point I feel like I am FLYING!! No wind to the face, no flurries blinding me, wind pushing into my back. In fact, its rather pretty running in the the pine trees and seeing other runners out!

And then the ice on my eyebrows starts falling off! 

HA! nothing like a poke back to reality.

I felt like it took half the time to run back than out. At the end,  I take a quick turn on another bridge to ensure I go past 12km.

I feel BAD i didn't do the full 16km/10miles. but a couple wipeouts, a pitstop in some trees for ANOTHER bathroom break, and an inability to just see where the heck the PATH was made me cut it short.

And I am DONE! And soaked. Not just from the snow, I sweated my butt off!! And my car parked for LESS an hour and half looks like THIS!!

And I am DONE! And soaked. Not just from the snow, I sweated my butt off!! And my car parked for LESS an hour and half looks like THIS. I guess Spring is not coming ANYTIME soon. sigh.

I am not really sure I want to get back out there to battle for groceries....

AH! Tub Time after Run = WARM



No comments:

Post a Comment